It was quite a while since an update, but still I can see some visitors coming from this site, to my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Massegossen
Some of you might know of my project, which involves complete frame build and a billet cylinder head with an EFI from Megasquirt. Somewhere in the middle there is still a little something with Husaberg stamps on.
The relatively high power (88 RWHP out of 680cc) consumed main bearings after max 5-6 hours causing havoc in the crankcase. So, I put in double row spherical roller bearings to cope with the tumbling effect of the crank shaft (appr. 0,5 deg). You can see the preps in this video:
Then I had some problems with leaking of coolant, wich was difficult to find. I had to trouble shoot that in a very profound manner:
Then there were some other issues with collar bones and such, but the tricky challenge was vibrations that came when I had to remove the counter balancer. The rear shock broke 4 times and all kinds of cables and brackets broke from the vibrations. I tested 3 different balance ratios, but none were any good. So now I'm adding a counter balance shaft again, in another position. All CAD files are now sent for machining, but here is a short video presentation of the new counter balancer design:
I hope you enjoy my videos and I wish you all a Happy Easter!