FS 450 Erfahrungsbericht

Ben

Aus dem Supermotojunkie, auf englisch, aber diejenigen die nicht können mögen einen Übersetzer (google translate?) benutzen.

figured everyone was getting curious about this one since it probably won't be available in the states.

Reckon it was the end of september when the word came out husqvarna was going to come out with a new race ready 450 supermoto. rumors were already floating around a while so I asked a good friend of mine who's also a husky dealer to keep me in the loop. when it became official I pretty much pre-ordered one right away and put a deposit down. only 15 bikes were coming to the country and most of them were spoken for a week after the bike saw the light of day on the husqvarna website. the bikes had yet to be built, scheduled delivery was the end of october...

10515239_869535606397486_2629187052270545992_o_zpseec22f16.jpg

anywho, after about a week of delay 4 bikes were delivered to my mate's dealership. 3 FS 450's and 1 FE450. 1 FS for me, one for my friend and 2 more bikes for his showroom. went there straight after work the day the bikes were delivered.

Photo-00053_zps4e6bfee3.jpg

I already had some parts waiting around. BTOsports had a sale on 2014 FC450 titanium FMF powercore pipes so I snatched one up since the chassis on the '15 FS is more or less identical to the FC. even with shipment and import fees the pipe was still a fair share cheaper compared to buying one locally.

at that point in time my garage was stuffed, 3 bikes in there along with a car so I didn't even have a place to put the new toy. I left it at my mate's place for the time being but put the pipe on there already just for giggles.

DSC00435_zps1431f57e.jpg

DSC00433_zpsd6c22a6e.jpg

DSC00432_zps558c9ac1.jpg

DSC00434_zps837baf04.jpg

with it being november I wasn't counting on a chance to riding it before next spring. fortunately good weather predictions during the weekend presented a possibility to ride so I hitched up my trailer and went to get the bike last saturday. I spent the rest of the afternoon adding some parts. installed an FE quick release skidplate, husky power parts slave cylinder guard, blue HRT chain along with a black renthal ultralight sprocket, some white YCF handguards for crash protection and a different front numberplate so everyone would know who's bike it is :D also an hour meter to keep track of engine use.

I didn't even take any pics that day, too busy prepping for the next day. at that point the engine had run but I didn't actually ride the bike yet so it was going to be a guess how it would do. there probably were better options for running the bike in, but then again I don't believe in easy run in to begin with :lol: the track was more or less a technical roadrace course but there were some fast sections that I knew were going to be too much. first session of the day started out with a still damp track. brand spanking new slicks and a wet surface don't mix, so I had to cut the bike some slack anyway the first time out.

second session out, well that was a little different. dry track, little sunny, around 50-55?F out. the tyres were starting to stick so down the hammer went. there were a couple of really fast sections where I was pretty much pinned in fifth gear. the first thing I felt was how potent the engine on this bike is. I didn't have a chance to ride the new 450 motor yet so I didn't know how it performed first hand, some reports from friend's and fellow riders had me a little worried as some said it lacked some bottom end power compared to the old carb'd RF4 motor I had on my SXF... the added reports the power on the husky being a bit mellower because of the more restrictive airbox compared to the KTM SXF/SMR didn't help either.

all things considered, as soon as I was able to ride the bike full throttle I could have cared less about those claims. the FS flies for just being a 450. the power is awesome and the thing just keeps going even when nearing the end of the rev range, and I've been there quite a few times that day. the FMF probably helps the bike breathe a little better but everything else is still stock. with a couple tweaks to the bikes fuel and ignition maps I couldn't see myself needing anything more power wise.

the chassis still needs some work. I haven't had a chance to install my old xtrig clamps yet to reduce the offset further. stock clamps on the FS are fixed 16 mm clamps. also need to dial in the suspension and have a look at the tyres. the bikes comes with medium compound metzler slicks. the rear worked ok that day but the front lacked feedback because I couldn't get any real heat in it. if it had been a soft it probably would have worked a lot better but all and all it did ok, good enough at least for me to have some fun and test the bike. the front brembo brake is a decent bit of kit and it works well, but I'm missing the feedback and feel of my beringer brakes... chances are I'll put an order down for a radial 4-pot brake kit after christmas :D

so after everything is said and done after my first trackday, I'm happy I got a FS. I went into this thing blind as you never know how a bike's going to handle. there's always that possibility that it just doesn't click and you're left with a bike you don't like riding. fortunately that's not the case, else spending that near 10K would have sucked... a lot... :lol: with some tweaks to the chassis and motor I can see this thing being loads of fun and help me improve my riding even further. even the adler slipperclutch is working well so far and that was pretty much my biggest concern. on the SXF I got a suter, installed it once, tested it and I felt like I couldn't ride anymore, no matter what spring I put in I could never get the feel I wanted so I took it out again and went on riding without it, which worked just fine for me as I'm used to manually feathering the clutch. the upside to the adler is a super light clutch pull and it doesn't vibrate the lever when the clutch is slipping on a downshift, something a suter does do and it bugs the hell out of me...

couple shots after my last session. 1.8 hours on the engine so far.

DSC00454_zps67117618.jpg

DSC00452_zps3189fc61.jpg

DSC00451_zps0a287baf.jpg

stuff I still need to do: install the blue samco lines I got, recover the step seat I bought and put it on the bike and get some graphics for the rear fender, swingarm and fork guards (not going all out in that department just yet).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Gib ihm noch ein paar Stunden, dann sieht das Weiß so richtig schön scheiße aus ;)

Musst das Weiß nur vernünftig pflegen, dann bleibt es auch schön, vernünftiges Dekor und immer schön Silikonspray benutzten und die Optik bleibt top! hatte schon mehrere Moppeds mit weißen Pastiks, egal ob Yamaha, Suzi oder TM mit Silikonspray nach der Wäsche bzw. vor Inbetriebnahme bleibt eine cleane Optik erhalten, sollte bei Husky also nicht anders sein... - Finde hellen Platiks echt pflegeleicht vorallem im Vergleich zu schwarz.... - schwarz sieht trotz Pflege und Dekor beim MX schnell sehr bescheiden aus, da sollte wirklich alles abgeklebt sein...

• 7 months later...

Ist zumindest sicher schwerer bei Laune zu halten. Wenn der Graue immer zwischen 7 und 10 bewegt wird, ist es ok. Aber im Nahkampf einmal stärker bremsen als gewohnt und die Drehzahl ist im Gesäss. Bis der tiefere Gang drin ist, hat der Rote im gleichen Gang schon aufgezogen und ist weg. Könnte ich mir im Pulk noch recht stressig vorstellen...

• 4 weeks later...