Supermoto Race brake set with Beringer Aerotec caliper!

Finland

Hallo!

I am sorry for writing in English but I am from Finland and I can't speak Germany. Anyway I have 3 extra sets of supermoto race brake kits available. I ordered a number of these brake kits to KTM supermoto team Finland but 1 rider won't be racing next season and therefore his brake kit and a spare brake kits are available for sale. Golden set is from his last seasons TM SMX, black kits are new.

3x Supermoto Race Brake Set.

Radial Beringer Aerotec caliper with 100mm bolt holes (straight fit to radial KTM SMR, Aprilia, Husqvarna, Husaberg and TM, other bikes need adapter. I can provide adapters). Master cylinders will fit any bike.

Whole brake set (caliper+master cylinder) 480€.

Caliper 280€

Master Cylinder 200€.

Parts in Helsinki Finland. Shipping to Europe will be around 20€.

586febddbb1a2_kuva(7).jpg.8880b1a91d6d9a

586febddeb18c_kuva1(2).jpg.91f225c34c3b1

586febde1460e_kuva(3).jpg.e7016463df1387

Edited by Finland

Ah now that you mentioned it. The engraved numbers definitely show that it's from Frando.

Gold one seems to be a Bro-12. If you take a closer look you can see an engraved 12 and it would fit my information which master cylinder is the right one for that caliper.

Edited by Lucas

Gold master cylinder is BRO-12. Slightly less spongy than what it is with BRO-10 yet still light enough to give you that special Beringer 1-finger feel.

Black master cylinders are custom made according to our request. Small Taiwanese CNC-workshop, Frando, had quite a bit similar M/C to Beringer BRO-14, but it was/is no good for supermoto use. It was made for superbikes so it had too large piston, too long lever ratio and too big fluid reservoir. Some years ago we asked for smaller version and gave some specs. They now have a M/C which is somewhere between BRO-10 and BRO-12.

One of our needs was more space between grip and master cylinder for traction control button. Therefore these M/Cs have longer lever and to counteract longer lever, lever ratio is also longer than Beringer (by 2mm). Longer lever has wider range of adjustments but we were a bit afraid of getting more broken levers because of extra length. So far we haven't had a single broken lever though and there were 4 bikes using this setup last season. Besides Beringer replacement lever costs around 100€ and we can get these Frando levers for 25€ straight from manufacturer.

If you are Brembo 16x18 kind of rider this set is not for you. It will be too light for your preference. On the other hand if you liked your Brembo 16x16 and would like to get a little bit of more feel or if you are a true Beringer believer then look no further as this is the brake for you.

Black sets are bought for team sponsorship prices and that is why they are available for quite a discount compared to retail price. Gold set is private property of an ex-TM rider who was supposed to ride KTM this year. He is looking to get about half of what he paid for it and it is a cooler color too. Even it is used it is flawless and in mint condition.

When it comes to performance of this brake, our rider finished 2nd on Finnish Supermoto Championship. It is only 2nd and it is only Finnish Championship but the winner was Mauno Hermunen and he is 1 tough rider to beat. In addition to Mauno Hermunen a good reference of speed on Finnish Championship is that other 2 Finns finished 1st and 3rd on European Championship.

Anyway I hope this helps and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, by the way, we can also supply braided brake hoses for 20€.

I can't remember exact info anymore as I only had BRO-12 and Frando details on my computer but here are some specs. BRO-10 has 14,5mm piston and BRO-12 has 17mm piston. Then again lever ratio on Beringer is 12mm and Frando 14mm but Beringer lever hot-spot is at around 80mm and Frando hot-spot is at around 109mm.

This gives you following pressure ratios 6,67 on BRO-12 and 7,79 on Frando which means Frando has about 17% lighter pull than BRO-12. BRO-10 has about 25%-30% lighter pull than BRO-12.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply but Beringer parts are long gone as this is old thread. We switched to VMX brake kits as they offer superior "value for money". VMX/Frando brake kits are available and you can find better pictures and prices on this thread: