2013 CRF450R supermoto conversion

kab-pro

Guest Connader
Sorry for that I will try to include an english translation the next time I post in Latvian.

Last Night I thought it was because I was drunk, but this morning still??? :denk1:

:bag:

Elcamino_LV:

The problem is simple, everything fits and works just fine, but after a couple of runs it is clear that the clutch lacks travel (stroke). I measured it with vernier (bīdmērs) and it seems to be 1.2mm no matter how much I adjust the freeplay between pressure plate and the pressure bearing, my guess - that is way too low. Any ideas about your clutch travel? At this point I cannot get the clutch to grip at WOT and to be able to actually disengage it. It is either one or the other. Right now I am hoping that a new actuator pullarm will cure this problem because it is obvious that it has sustained quite a lot of wear.

What do you think?

A moška vajag arī pa latviski? :D (slang - maybe I need to include Latvian translation?)

So the clutch travel is 1,2mm?

What lever are you using? I adjusted my ASV to be quite far from bars to allow max travel, but nevertheless, Adige needs quite small travel.

I could check my clutch tomorrow, or lend you my clutch lever, it is from crf.

Did you assemble the clutch pack correctly? Do you have the required min/max thickness?

Edited by El_CaminoLV

The clutch is brand new, so the thicknesses should be correct. And I assembled the clutch following the manual they provided. It can be disengaged fully and it can grip fully, just not both at the same time. It could be really nice if you could measure the travel your clutch makes while fully pressing the lever. I hope it's more than 1.2mm.

Also what oil are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the first track day, have to admit, it was my first sumo track day as well.

Heres a good picture of the track itself, location - very close to home :D (about 5km straight)

This is one of those tracks that stood as far back as the soviet times in here.

http://rullitis.lv/?project=sporta-un-atputas-kompleks-rullitis/

[video=youtube;R00EYKS85Ro]

Did a total of 4 sessions, each 6 - 7 laps long.

100-9314.sized.jpg?1407685416

100-9311.sized.jpg?1407685455

100-9317.sized.jpg?1407685481

Back home after an exhausting day in a Vanucci oven.

100-9319.sized.jpg?1407685496

100-9321.sized.jpg?1407685506

How did you like our track? :D

I actually liked it pretty much, the bike felt like a properly tamed beast, plenty of power, easy to handle. Tires were like glued to the ground, and the Beringer was outstanding! Didn't try to change the triple clamp settings though. Still fighting the clutch issue!

• 3 weeks later...