fuel.

Romperstomper

The range on mine varied from 110km to 140km, depending on the chosen mapping and riding-style.
Top speed with original gearing was according to the bikes speedometer 178km/h if I remember correctly.
....But beliefe me, anything over 150km/h feels really sketchy on a supermoto and is absolutely not the correct use-case.

Just reading your questions, it seems to me that a SM500R is not really the right thing for you ? 
If you care about range and top speed a KTM 690 or Husqvarna 701 would probably be the better choice for you ?

ye 110 - 115 mph would be perfect top speed for your average SM , or that would suit me and many others lol. fuel tank range is a lttle on the low side  , looking for a minium of 110 miles , that would be perfect . looking into buying  SWM , top speed is fine , but the fuel milage is terrible . been told they do an average of 30mpg , when the likes of other SMs are pushing 40 - 45 mpg . think this maybe SWMs let down , apart from that the SWM  is near perfect . 

how long have you had yours? . been told there are a few faults and teathing problems . have you had any major problems? , and how many miles have you clocked.

cheers again.

• 5 weeks later...

Sry for the late reply.... I had my SM 500 for about one and a half years and rode around 3500km on it during this period. I sold it because of the following reasons:

• very hard to get spare parts sometimes
  • bad dealer network
  • litteraly zero aftermarket parts available till today
    -> You won't even find clutch-/ brake-levers that fit
    -> If you want new plastics, you would have to buy OEM ones (450€) because no one else produces them
    -> Only 1! aftermarket exhaust available (XRacing)
    -> ...
  • Bike is based on 2010 italian husky-bikes and therefore feels old, heavy and outdated
  • too fuckin' heavy (over! 130kg, my KTM is like 110kg max)
  • center of mass is very high (alone the two mufflers weigh about 12kg, but there is only one legal exhaust available -> 850€)
  • starting problems when "choke" was not pulled almost everytime
  • the hour meter counts all the time, even when parked (still a problem of the 2020 models as well)
  • manifold cracked and had to be welded a few times
  • seat literally feels like a pice of hard wood

I don't want to bash SWM, but I just never felt really comfortable with the bike. Everytime I went on tours, I was afraid something would break or it wouldn't start or somehting else.
U seem like you need a reliable bike that can even handle commuting from time to time ...I don't think a SWM would be the best choice although it's very affordable.

My advise: Go with a SMCR / 701 or even an EXC 500 instead

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i keep hearing that there are a lot of faults with the SWM . 

That is a shame really  because the bike is so good looking , plus they are the only manufacturer that builds an SM straight out of the factory specificaly for the road.

What i dont understand is how they have so many problems considering that the bike is 80-90% husky , and as far as can gather they were very relible  and had a very good reputation.

Dosent really make sense .

i really cant be bothered to purchase a trails bike and then spend more money converting it from a trails  to a SM.

I might wait a year or so and see if the big jap manufacturers decide to manufacture an "out of the factory" SM. A bike desighned for the road , something dedicated for road use only.

Why they havent moved in this direction already is beyond me . SMs have such a following!.

Suzuki DRZ would be perfect for updating - 500cc , 6 speed , fuel injection , 55bhp , alloy chassis , modern electrics , larger fuel tank , greater top speed , more miles to the tank and updated looks.

DRZ has such a good reputation for relibilty.

• 11 months later...
vor 2 Stunden schrieb cd_thirteen:

说的非常对,这是一款老技术的车型,对于欧洲车友可能已经有些过时,但是对于中国来说,很多人都还没有玩明白,所以对我来说,除了续航比较差,其他都还好。

Hey, can you please use Google Translate when commenting so we can read it easier? :) Thanks

"It’s very right. This is an old-tech model, which may be a bit outdated for European riders, but for China, many people have not yet understood it, so for me, except for the poor battery life, everything else It's not bad."