tm smr 125 engineswap

Ottarvoldjensen

Hello there! You can delete this post if you want to since im writing in english, but i hope you guys can understand! 

So, i have a Tm smr 125 2007 and have had some problems with my engine. I am wondering if any of you guys know if it is hard to but a bigger tm engine in the smr 125 frame? I was thinking about a 250 or 300 cc engine. It would have been so nice to have a bigger engine that acctually works in my bike so that i can have alot more power when i ride!

Thanks for your awnser!

Greetings from Norway :) 

26996314_910172522482758_1200243471_n.jpg

video-1522086293.mp4

Hey mate,

I think the engine cases are similar and the engine will certainly fit the swingarm in the rear. I am not sure about the front mounts, maybe... but not sure.

In the end I think it´s not such a good idea because you´re missing the small details. You will need a larger carburetor (38mm), ignition (cdi), wiring loom probably, new exhaust, new silencer and maybe some smaller parts. It does not make any sense. Also I haven´t seen a 300ccm TM engine anywhere for sale in the past years. If I were you I would sell the bike and get a 300 if you want to stick with the two stroke.

If you only want to go faster you can change the sprockets. Use geardata to calculate the speed you are getting with different setups.

If you also want more power and higher speeds, you will need to either have to remove power restrictions or optimize the engine.