2017 CRF450R Tech Tips

kab-pro

• 10 months later...

Chasing after tenths of second = DIY swing shortening. 
After long period of reflection, discussions with guys who already are on shorter swings I decided to go for it.

Connader is one of such advisers ?.

I've to say, such thoughts born many years ago already, but somehow I was not brave enough to perform DIY short swing.

And so i decided to go for shortening only and relocation of brake and chain guide brackets to fit them with offset sprocket.
Swing space widening wasn't in schedule. According to my opinion this wont give any benefice excluding more space to don warmers.  Anyway bottleneck to pull out wheel is gap between right swing arm and chain main bracket.

So, everything  became dismantled and prepared for doing digimath.

CRF450R_2017 (83).jpg

Guest Connader
vor 1 Stunde schrieb felro:

I don't see any necessary in widening a CRF swingarm. It is the widest Jap Swingarm I know. But a good option is to cut the top of the brake bracket.

+1 on that. (on both Topics).

From my experience, even within CRF-Models the actual is one of the widest, especially at the point where the tyre runs. Earlier Models didn't had such parallel Arms, so they would come together the more you'd move the Tyre to the front (and therefore closer to the molded front of the swingarm). In fact: My old Bike had a 30mm shortened and 6mm widened 12'er swingarm, but at the point where the tyre ran, it was only 1mm wider  than my 18'er stock swingarm. :dali:

Mine is already sent to be shortened, hope I can show a few pics soon.... :boobies:

I'm also a big fan of cutting the upper bracket: Removing the rear-brake before taking off the rearwheel is a big benefit. There are other ways of removing it without cutting, but it's a lot of fiddling around.....don't like that. Never missed the use of braking "backwards" in 4 years, though. ;)

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Connader:

I'm also a big fan of cutting the upper bracket: Removing the rear-brake before taking off the rearwheel is a big benefit. There are other ways of removing it without cutting, but it's a lot of fiddling around.....don't like that. Never missed the use of braking "backwards" in 4 years, though. ;)

Yeahh that is the THING , very usable thing. Thanks a lot to Dali for his advice. I didn't know such mod before.

Made it last spring.

IMG_20190316_112040.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Connader
vor 12 Stunden schrieb Ben:

me: ok where´s my grinder and let´s cut this wide open.

you: let me set up my rocketship science lab before we proceed.

Andi's gonna scan his Fender only to get a Decal glued on perfectly even!!  :lol3:

Jokes aside: With this Conductor you'd be able to make a business out of this. Awesome craftmanship Mate!!! :smile_bow: